Confidence

Last week I was asked to write the word Confidence in a loose hand writing style for use on a large size banner about 6 feet long. To produce this lettering style I first had to understand how to compose the letters in a fluent manner.



I wrote the word a number of times on a small note tablet with pencil and pen. No matter how many years I have been lettering I never have an immediate answer. I go thru a trial and error process and eventually everything falls in place.





After the initial roughs I understood the rhythm and flow of the letters. I grabbed a PITT big brush pen and wrote the word at a larger size on a piece of 11" X 17' layout paper which was scanned and imported into Photoshop. I used the gaussian blur filter to smooth the letter shapes, posterized the image and saved the image as a 40" X 25" 75 dpi B/W bitmap file. The bitmap file was imported into Illustrator as a template to create the vector art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Best Artikel

Powered by Blogger.