Tejas Logo Development


Tejas is a recent lettering project. A good example of sketching and contrast development.  In my younger days I learned from a master designer that one of the key elements of lettering is black and white contrast. To this day I often work in reverse with white letters on a black background. I use this method to fine tune the overall contrast by closing gaps.

The client sent me a rough draft of Texas which had some problems. The contrast was off balance with thicks of the e, a and s which overpowered the vertical weight of the j and a. There was nothing unique in the cap T or j.  


The only way to properly develop Tejas was to spend time rough sketching. Sketching is the ultimate skill to find answers for what may  or may not work. After some time with pencil and paper I  developed the circled version which definitely had some potential for vector lettering. The client select 2 versions to refine in vector format.
  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Best Artikel

Powered by Blogger.