The Beginning Phase Of A New Promo Poster

These two photos represent the preliminary sketch process and layout for my next illustrated promo poster.

When discussing the lettering process I often mention the importance of drawing and to do a lot of it. All the sketches on my office wall are basically rough concept studies to learn how elements of the illustration may or may not work together. No fancy or refined sketches in the beginning of a project. Just a lot of quick thoughts and ideas to scribble on paper.



The layout I will use for a drawing template took only a few minutes to sketch. However, I had to sketch all the preliminary studies to create a layout for my intended use. I now have the information I need to begin drawing vector art. As this project progresses I will probably do additional sketching for the complex areas of the illustration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Best Artikel

Powered by Blogger.