This One Is A Keeper

At this point in time I continue to practice gestural writing skills. When I have free time from commercial project this is what I focus on. For every 20 sheets of paper I practice with I get maybe 1 or 2 lettering compositions worth refining. This lettering example is one of them.



I wrote "This one is a keeper" a number of times trying to develop a good flow of letters. I scanned the inked lettering for template use and started with single lines which turned into outlines.



The shape and placement of the thicks and thins changed constantly while drawing in Illustrator. The final is quite different than the initial inked lettering. I just let the letterform shapes happen along the way in a natural manner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Best Artikel

Powered by Blogger.