Lettering for Pam Cooley



Earlier this year I was contacted by Pam Cooley to create a lettering for her photography business. Very beautiful high end photography.

As with many lettering projects I created a series of sketches with a pointed marker brush. One of the sketches was created as vector art and additional refinements were requested. The final lettering is now on display at her website.





What I find interesting with this project is the final lettering was drawn in a manner that followed the thicks and thins of the pointed marker sketch. I basically followed the shape of the marker brush instead of drawing a line and offsetting the path. This is happening quite often in my recent projects. It is less technical method of drawing. More free form and natural.

This image shows how close the vector lines match the brush sketch template.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Best Artikel

Powered by Blogger.